Every website owner wants his website to be fast. Just imagine how your customers would feel if they visit your website but the WebPages take ages to load. A poor and sluggish website will cause inconvenience and discourage your potential site visitors to visit again. Hence, today I am going to give you a few tips regarding how you can increase your website speed.
The following are a few tips to enhance your website’s speed:
1. Get a good server – By good server I mean a reliable server which has less load on it. Keep in mind that a server is the backbone of any website. If your server is fast then your website will load faster. On the other hand, if your server hosts many other sites as well then chances are that your website will load slower. Your website’s server must have a low ping value. There are many different kinds of servers in the market. If your website is relatively new and small in size then you can opt for a shared hosting server. In a shared hosting server, one server is broken down into several smaller servers and each server is ten used to host a website. The biggest drawback of shared hosting is that you will have to share your website’s server with some other website. Hence, speed can be compromised. On the other hand, dedicated servers are recommended for larger websites. In dedicated hosting, one server is solely and exclusively dedicated for your website. Hence, your website will receive utmost speed and storage space.
2. Quality of images – you should know when to use JPG, PNG and GIF files, all these file formats are used for different purposes. For e.g. GIF is most appropriate for pictures with lesser colors such as text & line art. Meanwhile, JPG is most suitable for images which have lots of details such as photographs. You can also decrease the quality of a JPG file. The thing is that you should know which file format is the most suitable for your website.
3. Update software applications and plug-ins – If your website has out dated and discontinued plug-ins then its speed might decrease. Always remember to update all your plug-ins and additional software applications because they directly have an impact on the overall speed of your website.
4. Cache WebPages – Caching basically allows your browser to store resources. These resources are sent by your Web Servers locally. Due to caching, the user has to spend smaller time for certain information because their computer has already cached versions of the pages. On the contrary, caching also enhances your websites speed as it makes the website more receptive.
5. Prefer Clean code – Clean codes play a vital part in improving the speed of your website. Unwanted codes can easily sneak into your site. The extra codes might not pose a threat to your website but they can really lower the speed of your website. HTML is much slower than XHTML.
These are just a few tips for improving the speed of your website. Keep in mind that you can do several other things to enhance the speed of your website, all you have to do is take out time and research. These days you can find various websites on the internet that offer free of cost tips for improving the website’s performance. You can also use services such as SEO to improve your website’s ranking and speed. The bottom line is that a good and reliable website in one which loads faster and gives an excellent experience to the visitors.